Thursday, October 7, 2010

Hold My Hand...

Do you ever read something and it doesn't really sink in until you leave it or put it down?  And then you think about it and are drawn back to it again? 

This morning, I was reading in "Our Daily Bread" and today's little message was on Hold My Hand.  It speaks to how God is there for us in the "scary parts" of life.  But, we don't need to be in a crisis or "scary part" for God to be there with us.  Each day He is there to lead us and guide us; if we allow. 

I'm in my second week of homeschooling.  The first week was a breeze; enjoyable, rewarding, a happy time spent with my son.  This week isn't the same.  He is struggling with some new material and I'm trying to figure out the best way to teach it to him. 

This morning's little reading was a reminder to me that I'm not doing this alone.  God is there to "hold my hand".  I just need to seek Him.  He will hold my hand through this and I know "with God all things are possible". 

For I, the Lord your God, will hold your right hand, 
Saying to you, 'Fear not, I will help you.'
Isaiah 41:13
HDP